Question and Answer forums work differently than other forums. In these forums, the teacher makes the initial post and students reply to that post. There is a list of any Question and Answer forums in your course on the Setting Up Your Course page in the Instructor Resources book.
- Students cannot participate until the teacher makes the first post.
- Students cannot see other students' replies to the forum until after they have submitted their own post and waited 5 minutes.
To make the first post in a Question and Answer forum:
- Click on Add a new discussion.
- For the subject of your post, write Post Your Reply Here!
- In the body of your post, you may want to copy and paste the forum prompt.
- Click Submit.